Princeton Theological Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, national origin, religious affiliation (except as religion may be a bona fide occupational qualification for certain positions at the seminary), disability, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of an individual, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All positions listed will be posted for at least 5 business days before being filled.
Director of Alumni Relations
Princeton Theological Seminary is seeking a dynamic professional to lead its alumni relations efforts. The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for building, strengthening, and resourcing a network of alumni volunteers that serves alumni by connecting them to each other and to the school. The Director works collaboratively with volunteer and professional colleagues to create a family of passionate alumni ambassadors for the Seminary and its mission.
The Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Associate Vice President for Advancement and works as part of the institutional advancement team to cultivate meaningful, lifelong relationships with Princeton Seminary.
- Provide a pastoral presence and build strong relationships with a diverse range of alumni, current students, faculty, and staff
- Encourage and foster alumni engagement and participation, recruit and train volunteer leaders, and oversee the planning and implementation of events, programs, and projects on campus and around the country that connect alumni with the Seminary and with each other
- Coordinate and resource the work of the Alumni Association Executive Council (AAEC) and other alumni affiliate groups
- Collaborate with colleagues across the campus, including the offices of Admissions, Communication, and Continuing Education, to plan, promote, and implement programs that support alumni in their ministries and connect them in meaningful ways with the Seminary’s ongoing mission and strategic plan
- Plan and manage all aspects of the annual reunion program, including coordinating and resourcing the class anniversary committees, and managing the Distinguished Alumni Award and the AAEC Service Award nomination, selection, and presentation process in consultation with the Vice President for Advancement and the AAEC
- Collaborate with the Director of Annual Fund and the Associate Vice President for Advancement to ensure strong alumni participation in the Seminary’s Annual Fund and to act as a referral source in identifying and developing donor cultivation for major and planned gifts
- Supervise administrative staff and student workers; oversee alumni relations budget
Who Should Apply: Professional Qualifications
- Graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary with the ability to effectively convey the mission of the Seminary with clarity and passion
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others with a record of success and experience in recruiting, managing, and resourcing volunteers
Excellent organizational, planning, time management, and oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse individuals in a team- oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, possessing the integrity, diplomacy, and judgment to support appropriate relationship building with alumni, campus partners, students, trustees, and donors
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage several multifaceted projects simultaneously and independently while also meeting deadlines; ability to think strategically about efficient use of opportunities and resources
Evening and weekend work as well as travel locally, nationally and (on occasion) internationally is required
Search Process & Application Requirements
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to [email protected]. We will obtain permission from candidates before contacting references.
For full consideration by the search committee, all materials should be submitted by August 15, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.